LEAVERS do not want to abandon their sovereignty in a European federal state dominated by Germany and with French-style taxation and bureaucracy. We want to be a SOVEREIGN NATION just like ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FIVE OTHER nations on the planet.
However, it is CATEGORICALLY and ABSOLUTELY impossible to deny with any intellectual conviction whatsoever that being IN THE EU is a HUGE dilution of our sovereignty, and indeed a TERMINAL THREAT to it. Viewed logically, the UK is ALREADY not a sovereign nation. (SEE THE RATIONALE FOR THIS HERE)
AND THE PRICE OF EU MEMBERSHIP IS SIMPLY TOO HIGH: ANY SINGLE ONE of these would justify LEAVING, let alone ALL OF THEM TOGETHER
- a TOTALLY UNMANDATED (aka fascist) and obsessive drive towards federalisation, for which NO SINGLE EUROPEAN CITIZEN HAS EVER VOTED
nb. federalisation means THE END OF OUR SOVEREIGNTY and NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE; the END of our ability to govern OURSELVES
- 30 million quid NET per day to the EU: effectively foreign aid to countries far richer than many in the 3rd World
- 66% of our fishing rights given away to foreign fishermen: our fishing industry and ports devastated - a HUGE betrayal of ordinary and courageous working people who FEED US
- huge EU venality, corruption and waste obscene remuneration of Eurocrats; no proper accounts EVER published
- the relentless and increasing loss of control over borders, laws, finances and sovereignty: up to 80% of laws made in Brussels: BUREAUCRACY = CONTROL, and the EU is a ferocious control-freak for this very reason
- the ruin of Southern Europe thanks to the fraudulent euro, imposed AGAINST the advice of economists simply to force "ever-closer union"
- domination by Germany and its poodle France
- an inability to make our own trade deals and trade on the world market, thus pushing up the price of food and discriminating against third-world producers
- the relentless downgrading of NATO and a French president who thinks we must have an EU army to fight the USA as well as Russia and China
THE BOTTOM LINE? SOVEREIGNTY, but NOT ONE SINGLE EUROPEAN CITIZEN HAS EVER, ANYWHERE VOTED TO BE PART OF A EUROPEAN FEDERAL STATE, which is what EACH SUCCESSIVE EU TREATY is designed to further. If the European elite WANT this, then they HAVE TO GET THE DEMOCRATIC AGREEMENT OF THE PEOPLES OF EUROPE. It is as simple as that - but let's be clear, ANY OTHER WAY of doing it is FASCIST.
But wishing to LEAVE does NOT mean we are"anti-Europe", merely "anti-EU as it currently functions". And please note:
- 46% of European states are not even IN the EU.
- The UK will ALWAYS be "in Europe", with which we have been trading for THOUSANDS of years.
- People have lived and worked on the Continent for MANY CENTURIES, LONG BEFORE the EU existed.
- The idea that BREXIT will radically change trade and collaboration with the Continent is hysterically stupid. There may be some interruption to people's and companies’ arrangements, but it will be minimal because the EU HAS to allow continued trading and other links thanks to their huge surplus with the UK. And in any case, SOME temporarydisruption is a small price to pay for SELF-DETERMINATION outside a hideous quasi-fascist EU.
- We will always COLLABORATE with the Continent in a multitude of projects - including defence under NATO, the organisation that SAVED Europe in WWII (as The Allies) and after.
But we simply will not be RULED from the continent.
Ken Clarke said in 1966: "I look forward to the day when the Westminster Parliament is just a council chamber in Europe."
REMAINERS: BE HONEST. Is THAT what you want? If so, please have the decency and honesty to SAY SO.